Did you know that Alberta politicians are the best paid in Canada? No? Well, they should be, of course, because Alberta is such a well-run province.
Since things are rolling along so well here, we really should pay them based on merit, like they’re considering for B.C. teachers.
Oh, before we actually pay our MLAs, I think we should just sort out a few little problems before we cut those cheques.
Let Albertans know when you’ve got this short list complete:
- wait times are reasonable in emergency rooms
- required operations are performed quickly in Alberta
- Alberta has no deficit
- there are no homeless people in Alberta
- real wages have increased for Albertans
- there are sufficient long term care beds for seniors
- big business is no longer subsidized
- oil & gas royalties are in line with other countries
- Albertans are protected from gouging by electric & gas utilities
- we see real enforcement of environmental regulations
- A chicken in every pot – oops. Wrong list.
That ought to be enough to keep you busy. Let us know when you’ve got that list done and we’ll add a few more things. Don’t want to overload you.