Do you ever have weird dreams? My wife informed me this morning she had a weird dream last night.
I was out at Tech Wing Wednesday at Hudson’s last night (for real) and apparently I had too much to drink (she dreamed). So, instead of calling her for a ride, I located a late-night furniture store (in dreams, stores have convenient hours) that was willing to deliver me, my new $650 butt-ugly coffee table and my scooter back to my house.
We had a good laugh about that this morning. My wife left early to go to work for a 1.5 hour course on how to enter her time sheet.
She didn’t look in the garage before she left.
I’m definitely 30+
While sipping on my coffee I picked up one of the many books lying around my house.
I cracked open Old Shite’s Almanac to a short piece:
Accepted indications you’ve reached the age of thirty
- You leave clubs before the end to “beat the rush.”
- Before going out anywhere, you ask what the parking is like.
- When sitting outside a pub, you become envious of their hanging baskets.
- Before throwing the newspaper away, you look through the property section.
- You buy your first t-shirt without any writing on it.
- You always have enough milk in the house.
- Instead of throwing out an old pair of trainers (shoes), you keep them because they might be good for the garden.
- You are unable to resist the lure of self-assembly furniture.
- You find yourself saying “is it cold in here, or is it just me?”
- Instead of tutting at old people who are slow getting off the bus, you tut at schoolchildren’s lousy grammar.
- You wish you had a shed.
- You have a shed.
I’m not guilty of all of them, but a good number! And, I do have a shed. I’m happy about that, but even better? I have a garage. A double garage!
Why haven’t I been blogging?
As you can see, my blogging has been rather sparse so far this summer, something I can attribute to a large amount of work on my plate. I had thought the summer might be slow for me, but it’s been anything but!
So instead of sipping Coronas on the patio, I’ve been in front of my computer all summer. Don’t take it as a complaint! I have added several new SEO and copywriting clients lately, which have contributed to what I think has been a good summer, but not in the traditional sense.
Will autumn be slower? I hope not, though I do hope I can take a bit of a holiday at some point. At the very least I promise to blog more on exciting topics such as Michael Jackson’s death and the healthcare debate in the US. I do have some blog posts in the works that should be good for a laugh as well.